My goal this week was to research how various real estate agencies in my community are utilizing social media as a marketing resource. In doing this, my goal was to identify various trends in the field regarding social media utilization, and, if possible, to pinpoint areas in which the social media presence of these companies is lacking, in order to provide my client, Nest Reality, with the best guidance possible as to how they should proceed in polishing their own social media presence.
The brokerages that I investigated were Network Real Estate, Lamp Post Realty, Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage, Intracoastal Realty Corporation and Wilmington Real Estate 4U. All of these companies are present on multiple social media networks, with Facebook being the most common.
Both Coldwell Banker Sea Cost advantage and Intracoastal Realty Corporation have links on their Facebook pages that take you to their additional Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest pages, which I think is a nice touch, making it very easy to navigate the information that the companies have dispersed throughout these websites.
In addition to a very sparse Google+ profile, one company, Lamp Post realty, had only a Facebook Profile, on which the company was listed as a pizza place. With so many agencies in the area to choose from, this makes it hard for Lamp Post to compete. In general, I also noticed that the nicest profiles from among the companies I looked at included the most overall information and had made the most posts. Many companies had only very sparse profiles or had made only a very small amount of posts, and this made them appear rather unimpressive.
Another company, Wilmington Real Estate 4U, set itself apart from many of its competitors with its elaborate Youtube profile. The company had posted a great deal of high-definition video clips of properties as well as of company employees, and I think that this goes a long way in making a good impression on potential customers.
In doing my research, I also came across several online articles that had a lot of recommendations for beefing up the social media profiles of realty agencies, and I'm going to include links to those below.
https://placester.com/real-estate-marketing-academy/social-media-marketing-for-real-estate/
http://www.inman.com/next/instagram-for-real-estate-5-little-known-ways-agents-benefit-by-implementing-this-social-media-tool-in-their-business/
No comments:
Post a Comment